One of my all time favourite fish recipes is this one: a whole trout roasted in the oven and filled with herbs, lemon, onion, and garlic. It reminds me of lovely summer evenings, when the sun is still shining, the temperature is still warm, and the white wine is cold.Go to your local fish shop, ask for whole trouts, scaled and gutted (unless you are a really tough person and want to do this all by yourself). Choose some fresh herbs of your choice, chop them up along with a red pepper, and stuff the trout. You can add any other elements that you like, such as spring onions, or shallots, or garlic, and so on.What you’ll end up with is a stunningly flavoured fish with meat that comes right of the bones. It is a wonderful light dinner to make and to eat! You could also wrap the trout in tin foil and place it on the barbeque for that true summer feel!
Some delicious pairings:
Oven Roasted Trout with Fresh Herbs
- 3-4 fresh trouts (gutted and scaled)
- 10 grams mint
- 10 grams parsley
- 1-2 red chili pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 shallots
- 1-2 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Used kitchen appliances
- Baking tray
- Baking foil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Place a sheet of baking foil on the tray.
- Finely chop the fresh herbs and chili pepper together. Slice the garlic, shallots, and lemon.
- Place the herbs in the trout. Add the garlic, shallots, and lemon.
- Pour some olive oil over the trout, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
3 Comments Add yours
I just stopped by your blog to say hi, but I’m leaving with my mouth watering!