So since this is the third recipe in a row that involves using the oven, I think it’s about time I start explaining why. The reason is simple: cooking with the oven is just the easiest way of creating a delicious meal. Just prepare your veggies, or your meat, and season it any way you like, stick it in the oven and you’re good to go. Also, pizza comes out of the oven, so it basically cannot do any wrong for me.
For this recipe, as the title already suggests, you will need salmon. Though I hardly ever tell you on my blog to go somewhere other than your local supermarket or grocery store to buy an ingredient, this is the point where I actually will do so. I highly, and I mean highly, recommend you to get fresh salmon fillets from your fishmongers. It might be a bit more pricey than the salmon you would normally purchase, but my god, does it pay off! At my home, we never ever buy fish at the supermarket, just because the produce at our fishmongers is of such high quality. You can literally taste the sea -which is probably not that suprising, considering we’re just 20 minutes away from the North Sea, but still.
Also, be sure to leave the skin on! Ask for descaled and degrated salmon fillets, so you don’t have to go to all that trouble yourself. By leaving the skin on, the moisture in the salmon will not evaporate as much, which will give you with tender meat with a bonus of incredible crispiness provided by grilling the skin. Mouthwatering deliciousness.
Crispy Salmon with Roasted Vegetables
- 4 descaled and degrated salmon fillets with skin on
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
Used kitchen appliances
- Baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Place the salmon skin-up in the baking tray.
- Roughky chop the bell pepper and onion. Leave the skin on the garlic and crush the cloves. Add to the baking tray. Pour over 1/2 of the lemon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 15 min. Take the tray out of the oven and take the skin off. Turn the skin around so the other side will get baked as well. Put the oven on the grill, and grill the salmon for another 10 minutes.
- Check if salmon is cooked through. Take the garlic out of their skins, and serve.