I know, I know. Another chocolate recipe. You’re probably getting sick of it, aren’t you? Well tough, because this one is way too good to resist. Anything with chocolate is too good to resist. Besides, Saint Patrick’s Day is upon us once again, and this is the perfect recipe to share with your fellow party people!
Also, these Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes are a unbelievable dream. They are moist on the inside, crunchy on the top, and have a wonderful velvety frosting. Your first bite tastes as if you’re simply eating a piece of chocolate. And then it hits you. The subtle, dark, bitter taste of the Guinness.
It’s not only perfect for Saint Patrick’s Day, but every other day of the year as well! Serve the cupcakes with tea, or with Guinness because you deserve it. Next year, I hope I can join you all in the celebration of this great day! Any tips on where it’s best to go for a good time?
I honestly said all I could say, you just need to taste the cupcakes for yourself! So, please be safe Tuesday, have loads and loads of fun, and don’t forget to make these yummy cupcakes!
Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) butter at room temperature
- 125 grams (1 cup) light brown caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125 grams (1cup) self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 60 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 220 cl Guinness beer
- Chream cheese frosting:
- 250 grams (2 cups) cream cheese
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
Used kitchen appliances
- Cupcake tin
- 12 cupcake liners
- Food processor or electric whisk
- Mixing bowl
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Line the cupcake tin with the liners.
- In the food processor, whisk together the butter and sugar until soft. Add the eggs one by one, whisking between each addition. Finally, mix in the vanilla extract.
- Sieve the flour, baking soda, and cocoa over the mixing bowl. Gradually add to the butter mixture, while whisking.
- Once combined, add the Guinness and mix.
- Scoop the batter in the cupcake liners and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack after baking and let cool completely.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, mix together the cheese and icing sugar until combined. Place on top of the cooled cupcakes. Sieve over some cocoa powder for decoration.