WARNING: These Chocolate Chip Cookies might cause you to eat the whole batch in one go.
This week’s Sweet Sunday recipe is quick and easy. But it is also incredibly delicious. So you might want to run a few extra miles today. Or not. Because it’s Sunday and you can totally handle eating all these cookies and still look fabulous. Go you.
Anyways. This particular recipe incorporate oats, just to provide for a teensy bit of healthiness. The texture is somewhat similar to marshmallows, with them being gooey and soft on the inside, yet crispy on the outside. I am so in love.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields 16-20 cookies
- 115 grams (1/2 cup) soft butter
- 110 grams (1/2 cup) light brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 85 grams (1 cup) oats
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 136 grams (1 cup) flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 225 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) chocolate chips
Used kitchen appliances
- Baking tray
- Baking foil
- (Electric) Whisk
- Wire rack
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 350F. Line a baking tray with foil.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until it’s light and fluffy. Add the beaten egg. Proceed to add the oats, milk and vanilla extract.
- Sieve the flour and baking soda over the mixture and stir until combined. Finally add the chocolate chips.
- On the baking tray, make heaps of the dough, as big or as small as you’d like. Keep enough space in between the cookies as they do spread out during baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Leave to cool on a wire rack.