There are a couple of products that I just don’t buy because I know myself and I just cannot resist eating the whole darn bag at once. Namely, Doritos Nacho Cheese and Maltesers.However this time I wanted Maltesers and I wanted them bad. So what did I do? I made Malteser cupcakes with even more cocoa in it. And may I just say that these might just be the best cupcakes I have ever made and eaten(cause I did, and lots of them).They are very dark in colour, which I can connect with on a spiritual level, and there are melted Maltesers in them, which I just love because it’s melted Maltesers. Yeah, I know. Melted Maltesers.Make them and try to tell me I’m the only that can’t get enough of them.
- 125 grams butter (room temperature)
- 124 grams light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 125 grams self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 50 grams cocoa powder
- 200 ml buttermilk
- 150 grams Maltesers + extra for decoration
- 250 grams cream cheese
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
Used kitchen appliances
- Cupcake tin and liners
- Food processor or electric whisk
- 1 large mixing bowl
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line the cupcake tin with the liners.
- Whisk together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy in the bowl. Beat in the eggs one by one. Add the vanilla and mix.
- Sieve over the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Finally add the buttermilk and mix.
- Put the Maltesers in the ziplock bag and crush them roughly. Incorporate this in the batter.
- Place batter in the cupcake tin until the liners are filled for about 2/3. Bake in the oven for 30 min or until a cocktail stick comes out relatively clean (ofcourse the Maltesers melt in the oven so there might be some chocolate on the stick).
- In the meantime, make the cream by combining the cream cheese and icing sugar. Let the cupcakes cool completely before decorating with the cream and extra Maltesers.