I have previously talked about my undying love for Nutella. So a recipe like this was long overdue. Better late than never, right.
Also, it’s kind of a celebration present to myself for successfully finishing my placement, which means one step closer to graduation! Party-time!
We all know (and love) brownies, not only because they so often contain a high amount of chocolate, but also because it is such a versatile recipe. You can basically add in any fruit or nut that you love, and create your very own brownie. Honestly, I hardly ever make them myself, just because I know that I cannot resist eating bite after bite. Oh well, that’s what makes life worth it right.
Adding Nutella to a brownie only seemed like the most logical choice I could make. I also added more salt than I would usually add to a recipe, but I adore the combination of salt and Nutella. The salt adds more depth and flavour to the delicious chocolatey substance. It’s amazing.
One warning though! Be sure to cool the melted butter a bit before you add the eggs, otherwise you’ll end up with some kind of chocolate omelette…
Relax and enjoy this wonderfully sticky and crunchy brownie!
Blueberry Nutella Brownie
- 150 grams butter
- 150 grams Nutella
- 200 grams light brown caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 grams self raising flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 grams blueberries
Used kitchen appliances
- Brownie Tin
- Small pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Grease the brownie tin with butter.
- Melt the butter in the small pan on a low heat. Place the Nutella in a mixing bowl. Add the butter, and whisk until combined. Proceed to mix in the sugar. Let cool slightly.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and whisk until combined thoroughly.
- Sieve the flour over the Nutella mixture. With a wooden spoon, mix until combined.
- Pour the batter in the brownie tin and scatter the blueberries over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the sides are hard, but the middle is spongy. Let cool in the tin for about 5 minutes, after which you can let it cool completely on a wire rack.
5 Comments Add yours
I’m not such a big fan of chocolate myself, but I love Nutella. It must be the hazelnut flavor. Anyway, your brownies look absolutely delicious. And congratulations on your placement! 🙂
Thank you so much! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
I am so adding this to my going to try soon recipes especially since I live 10 minutes from the blueberry capital of the world!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh my, where is this heavenly place?! I need to go there!