Happy Sweet Sunday!
How was your Valentine’s Day? Or did you celebrate Galentine’s Day just like me? This might be the best thing to have been created in response to a holiday. Celebrate your lady-friends just like they do in Parks & Recreation. Amy Poehler, you perfect human being, what a great day to think of. Anyways I hope you have all had a lovely week, and are prepared for the next one. For this, I can give you a helping hand with these M&M cookies, which are there for you on Monday when everything goes wrong, and will probably not be there on Friday as they will be devoured three days before.
Among the ingredients of these cookies are cane sugar and golden syrup, which give them a texture that’s stickier than those of other cookies. Also, the ingredients add that perfect taste of sweetness, which is not too overpowering, yet so satisfying. These cookies would be scumptious on their own, but the addition of the M&M’s just adds that extra crunch which makes it irresistible.Enjoy your Sunday!
- 115 grams (1/2 cup) softened butter
- 110 grams (1/2 cup) cane sugar
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 175 grams (3/4 cup) self raising flour
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) M&M’s without peanuts
Used kitchen appliances
- Baking sheet
- Hand mixer or food processor
- Mixing bowl
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C or 356F.
- Mix the butter and sugar in the mixing bowl until soft. Add the syrup and the vanilla and mix.
- Sieve half of the flour over the butter mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon. Add the M&M’s and the rest of the flour. Keep stirring until combined and sticky.
- Roll the dough into 16 balls and place on the baking sheet. They will spread out during baking, so be sure to leave enough space in between.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
Store the cookies in an airtight container for 5 days.