I think the title says it all. I wish I had made pictures when my mom had her first taste of this toast, sometimes pictures speak louder than words. I don’t think I can get across how divine this tasted in my writing. You are going to have to try this recipe for yourself.This is an incredibly easy recipe to make as an appetizer for dinner or as part of a buffet. Or just because you want to. I get it.Making toast is also a great way to use up your old bread before you have to throw it out. Win-win.
I would love to know what you think! What are your favourite combinations to put on a fancy toast?
Honey Drizzled Toast with Dried Figs and Pecorino
- 8 slices of bread (can be older bread as well)
- 200 grams dried figs
- 200 grams Pecorino
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
Used kitchen appliances
- Oven tray
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Drizzle a bit of olive oil on the bread slices.
- Slice the pecorino and dried figs.
- Peel the garlic.
- Place the bread slices in the oven for 3-4 minutes or until toasted to your liking. Take out and rub the garlic over the toasted bread. Place the pecorino on the bread, followed by the figs. Drizzle some honey over it. Sprinkle some thyme leaves over the bread.
- Place in the oven for another 3 minutes. Finish up with some extra honey drizzles and serve.