Never have I had a more lazy Sunday than today. Rarely have I had less motivation to do anything than today.Oh, how I love Sundays.
What makes it even better? It’s Sweet Sunday! And as usual, I have a yummy recipe for you. Today, it is also incredibly easy.Basically, this bread or cake (whatever you want to call it) combines all that is good in the world. A sort of healthy dough, filled with ripe tasty bananas and melting chocolate chips…
Are you drooling? Cause I sure am.
Chocolate Banana Bread
Yields 1 bread
- 240 grams (1 cup) ripe bananas (about 2 bananas)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) sunflower or vegetable oil
- 165 grams (3/4 cup) light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 130 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 65 grams (1/2 cup) whole wheat flour
- 25 grams (1/3 cup) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) chocolate chips
Used kitchen appliances
- 1 cake/bread tin
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 bowl
- 1 large mixing bowl
- Preheat the oven to 180 C or 350 F. Grease the tin with oil.
- Peel and mash the bananas into a pulp. Combine in the mixing bowl with the baking soda, and yogurt. Gently spoon it together until the mixture becomes foamy due to the soda.
- In the bowl, beat the eggs, and proceed to add the oil, sugar, and vanilla extract. Combine.
- In the large mixing bowl, sift the two types of flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Pour in the chocolate chips and cover with the flour.
- Transfer the egg mixture to the banana mixture and stir until combined.
- Then add this to the flour, and mix with a wooden spoon until you get a combined dough.
- Pour the dough in the tin. Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes. Check to see if the bread is done by inserting a toothpick, which should come out clean. If not, leave it in a while longer.
- Leave the bread to rest until you take it out of the tin.